Customer Information Privacy Principles
Like most industries today, the financial services industry is rapidly being shaped by technology. To be successful in this environment, we must continue to ensure that our customers are confident that we will manage their financial affairs expertly and confidentially.
In order to deliver our and services as effectively and conveniently as possible, it is essential that we use technology to manage and maintain certain customer information.
We want to assure all of our customers that whenever information is used, it is done with great discretion. The safeguarding of customer information is an issue we take seriously. To affirm our continuing commitment to the proper use of customer information, we have set forth the following Privacy Principles. These are the Privacy Principles that guide us in serving the privacy needs of our customers.
- Recognition of a Customer’s Expectation of Privacy: At YELLOWSTONE PARTNERS, LLC, we believe the confidentiality and protection of customer information is one of our fundamental responsibilities. And while information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is our customers’ trust. Thus, the safekeeping of customer information is a priority.
- Use, Collection, and Retention of Customer Information: YELLOWSTONE PARTNERS, LLC limits the use, collection, and retention of customer information to what we believe is necessary or useful to conduct our business, provide quality service, and offer products, services, and other opportunities that may be of interest to our customers. Information collected may include, but is not limited to: name, address, telephone number, tax identification number, date of birth, employment status, annual income and net worth.
- Maintenance of Accurate Information: We recognize that we must maintain accurate customer records. Therefore, YELLOWSTONE PARTNERS, LLC has established procedures to maintain the accuracy of customer information and to keep such information current and complete. These procedures include responding to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
- Limiting Employee Access to Information: At YELLOWSTONE PARTNERS, LLC, employee access to personally identifiable customer information is limited to those with a business reason to know such information. Employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and on these Privacy Principles. Because of the importance of these issues, all of our employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and employees who violate these Privacy Principles will be subject to disciplinary measures.
- Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures: Without question, a fundamental element of maintaining effective customer privacy procedures is to provide reasonable protection against the unauthorized access to customer information.
All employees are subject to the terms of our Company’s compliance manual, which requires employees to treat confidentially all information obtained from or about you or your account. YP has implemented a cybersecurity strategy through written policies and procedures and training that provides guidance to the adviser’s officers, employees and investment adviser representatives concerning applicable threats and measures to prevent, detect and respond to such threats and to monitor compliance with cybersecurity policies and procedures. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect nonpublic personal financial information. Information you provide through our website is protected by password, encryption or firewall protections and will continue to review their effectiveness regularly. Nevertheless, due to the proliferation of cyber attacks, there is no foolproof protection against unauthorized access to company data and customer information.
- Restrictions on the Disclosure of Customer Information: When it comes to sharing customer information with unaffiliated companies, YELLOWSTONE PARTNERS, LLC places strict limits on who receives specific information about customer accounts and other personally identifiable data. YELLOWSTONE PARTNERS, LLC may share information with such companies if they provide a product or service that may benefit our customers.
We share the minimum amount of information necessary for that company to offer its product or service. We may also share information with unaffiliated companies that assist us in providing our products and services to our customers; in the normal course of our business (for example, with consumer reporting agencies and government agencies); when legally required or permitted in connection with fraud investigations and litigation; in connection with acquisitions and sales; and at the request or with the permission of a customer.
- Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties: If we provide personally identifiable customer information to a third party with which we have a business relationship, we will insist that the third party keep such information confidential, consistent with the conduct of our business relationship.
- Disclosure of Privacy Principles to Customers: YELLOWSTONE PARTNERS, LLC recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of our customers. We want our customers to understand our commitment to privacy in our use of customer information. As a result of our commitment, we have developed these Privacy Principles which are made readily available to our customers. Customers who have questions about these Privacy Principles or have a question about the privacy of their customer information should call 1-800-252-3693 or e-mail email@example.com.
These Privacy Principles apply to individuals, and we reserve the right to change these Privacy Principles, and any of the policies or procedures described above, at any time without prior notice. These Privacy Principles are for general guidance and do not constitute a contract or create legal rights and do not modify or amend any agreements we have with our customers.
Yellowstone Partners, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://www.yellowstonepartners.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address and phone number (“Personal Information”).
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
Yellowstone Partners, LLC has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.